Application Master Financial and Insurance Mathematics
Thank you for your interest in our Master’s programme in Finance and Insurance Mathematics!
In order to be able to study the Master’s in Finance and Insurance Mathematics at LMU, the following steps are required:
- For German citizens or foreign nationals with German education: Application for Enrollment.
- For EU/EEA citizens or those with other foreign nationality: Application/Pre-registration at the International Office.
- In either case: additional Application at the Department. More information is provided further below on this page.
To ensure successful enrollment, please note the different deadlines for each of the above steps!
The additional application at the department is required because enrollment in the Master's in Finance and Insurance Mathematics requires proof of a professional university degree
- in Business Mathematics, Mathematics, or a related field with integrated and profound mathematical training
- of at least 180 ECTS Credits
- an equivalent German or foreign degree
Whether these criteria are met is decided on by the Examination Committee.
In order to apply for verification of fulfillment of the admission requirement for the start of the next winter semester, please submit the following documents by September 01:
- the completed and signed Application Form
- a tabular Curriculum Vitae
- Scenario 1: The previous degree programme has been completed:
a simple copy of your official degree transcript stating the ECTS credit total achieved up until then, in German or English
- Scenario 2: The previous degree programme has not been completed yet:
a current transcript of records stating the ECTS credit total achieved, in German or English
Please submit your documents in due time to the following address:
Prüfungsamt Naturwissenschaften Innenstadt
Bewerbung Master Finanz- und Versicherungsmathematik
Or by e-mail (max. 5 MB) with the subject line "MA-276-WS2023" to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only documents in PDF format can be accepted. The application will not be considered complete if documents are submitted in any other format.
Following the expiration of the above-mentioned deadline, we will send you a Notification regarding the Fulfillment of the Admission Requirements by mail to the address you provided in the application form. This notification must be included in the documents presented to the Studentenkanzlei or International Office during enrollment.
For more information on our Master's programme in Finance & Insurance Mathematics, please visit the Department of Mathematics Website.